10.10.2006

Day 12 Sees Some Improvement

Avery had a significantly better day today, though her previous night was not great (and I just talked to Jon who is with her now and she is not too happy and hasn't been for a while). Mom had said this morning that she was fussy all night, but she was a good girl during the day today. Mom and I gave her a good bath and head washing and put her in a little dress. She looked like our Sweet Pea (with a little less hair). She must have felt about a million times better. She hadn't been that clean since before surgery. She didn't even fuss too much at us while we were doing all that to her. Now, seeing that today she was a bit calmer/easier to comfort in general, I think she might just have quite a bit more attitude and temper than we thought (wonder where she got that from?). The greatest part about today was that I definitely saw bits of my "old" Avery. She had her eyes open without seizing and screaming, and seemed to know that I was there...responding in her little ways to me. Maybe she just wants Mommy now...I am headed soon to relieve Dad and spend the night with her. We are all hoping that tomorrow brings even more of our old Avery back to us and that today was a sign that all our (and your) prayers are begining to be answered. Otherwise, Dr. Jallo will perform a complete anatomical hemispherectomy on Monday (it was officially scheduled today). We are hoping that won't be necessary just yet, but the next few days will tell. Please continue to ask God for healing, as we know you are. Thanks to all you who have offered words of encouragement, support and prayer today and all days past and yet to come. We are taking things day by day and drawing strength from our faith and the love we feel from you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly and family,
I know what a relief it is to see Avery come back to life after such a difficult couple of weeks. You are such great parents for getting her the care that she needs. I know first hand how hard it is to go back in for that 2nd surgery, but our baby is so perfect now and seizure free. Dr. Jallo is wonderful and he will get your little girl back for you. As always, you are in our prayers.

Kim Weninger( mom to Lauryn, left- hemi Feb, July, 2004)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jon and Holly: So happy to know that Avery is feeling better. I've been sending your report to all here at M&T and others as well. Your strength and grace under fire are truly amazing. We are all pulling for her, she has brought so many people together.
Jean

Anonymous said...

Dear Jon and Holly: So happy to know that Avery is feeling better. I've been sending your report to all here at M&T and others as well. Your strength and grace under fire are truly amazing. We are all pulling for her, she has brought so many people together.
Jean

Anonymous said...

Hi, Holly & Jon:
I know we've never met, but I feel as if I know you...I am a member of Trinity Pres. in Satellite Beach...I sing in choir w/Ruth and also work in the office as Pastoral Administrator. Glad to read of Avery's progress yestrday...we have been praying for all of you!
In Him,
Christine Foster

Anonymous said...

Holly and family,
I met you once at church through Susan Schwarz. I heard your story from Susan and Kristin. I have been following your blog since you arrived in Baltimore. This story is so touching, that I cannot come into work without having checked the blog daily. Further, I have been praying for the family and Avery's healing everynight. Please do not ignore your own health, as Avery needs you all.

God Bless,

Heather M. Patterson

Anonymous said...

Holly, Jon, Caiden & Avery,
Abby, Emmy & I continue to pray for you all. We are glad to hear that Avery had a better day and hope each day keeps improving. I'm glad Caiden is doing well. Your strength and faithfulness are a blessing. We continue to pray.
Love,
Jenny Giddens

LINDA said...

THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS! HOW WONDERFUL TO HERE THE NEWS OF AVERYS HEALING. HOLLY YOUR MOM IS SO GOOD ABOUT LIFTING YOUR SPIRITS. TELL HER I PRAY FOR GOD TO CONTINUE TO GIVE HER STRENGHT AND REST ALSO. YOU ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND TO BE YOUR STRENGTH TELL HIM HE IS ALSO IN OUR PRAYERS AND WE LOVE HIM. I MISS YOU AND MY HEART CRYS TO BE THERE TO COMFORT YOU MYSELF, BUT KNOW I AM SO WITH YOU IN THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. IN VIEWING ALL THE PICTURES AND THE PROGRAM YOU HAVE PUT TOGETHER FOR AVERY. I AM SO TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE!!! I CONTINUE TO KEEP ALL OF YOU IN MY PRAYERS, AND CONTINUE TO STAND ON NO!!! SURGERY FOR AVERY THE DRS WILL STAND IN AMASMENT. KISS CAIDEN AND AVERY FOR ME. HERE IS A HUG HOLD OUT YOUR ARMS ....CAN YOU FEEL IT ... I CAN BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PIECE OF MY HEART ..XXOO BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL LINDA

Happy Avery Doll. August 2006

Happy Avery Doll.  August 2006
Professional Portrait by Debra's Studio, Tell City, IN...Thanks so much for donating this picture!

WELCOME

Thanks for visiting The Paauwe Report blog page. We are happy to share our journey and life with you. Please take a moment and leave a comment on our posts. We love to hear from you!

Little Miss Sweet Pea. September 27, 2006

Little Miss Sweet Pea.  September 27, 2006
Sleeping Beauty, the night before first surgery.